This morning I woke up with a sense of excitement... almost giddy! I felt that sense of anticipation and joy...and realized it is like I feel when I know Christmas is coming and something GREAT is going to happen.

Some of us may have to remember what it was like to be children to capture a sense of what I am talking about. But do you remember? That feeling that you know you are really going to get a gift that is something super special? You had something on your wish list for forever and you knew your parents were acting funny--like they had a really great plan in store for Christmas. You could tell they were bursting with a desire to spring it on you early. They were excited about Christmas too...a sure giveaway that they planned on making your dreams come true!

Oooh! I get excited enough to jump out of my chair as I even think about it!

Because here is the thing...this isn't just well meaning parents we are talking about. In our case right now, here on the Georgetown Divide in Cool, California...God is the giver! Isn't that an amazing thought? I mean, if you have needs, desires, and dreams and God is the one giving you the gift that will bring your soul to that place of joy, peace, confidence and "Ahhh...THIS is it!!!" Can you imagine? OOOOooooh! It makes my heart sing!

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.
- James 1:17

God is an amazing "gift giver." He doesn't give socks in awful colors or neckties that will never see the light of day.

Right now, we are looking forward to the day when God will be giving us a gift. An incredible gift. A new pastor!

It was he who gave some to be apostles,
some to be prophets, some to be evangelists,
and some to be pastors and teachers...
- Ephesians 4:11

In Ephesians 4, we are told that God gives us pastors as one of His gifts to us, His people! Right now, while we don't have a lead pastor, God is forming and shaping the PERFECT present for us! His man for us! I am so excited! There is a day coming when he will wrap this gift up with a bow as it were and present him to us. We can have confidence that this is so. The bible says it is so. God says it is so. I can't wait, but I know that all the wait will be worth it. It may take two months, it make take two years (I hope not!). But however long it takes, the gift God gives us will be perfect!