Last night, a wonderful man and his wife came to town and had dinner with much of the leadership of our church. I am on the edge of my seat today wondering..."What wonders is God up to even now?"

Whether or not this family is the one God is personally calling to be a part of our Church Family, I can't say, of course! But I do know this: God is not sleeping! He is not napping until the moment when decisions are made by the humans on earth! In fact, I am optimistic that even now, he is about the business of our healing.

We have been 8 months without a "Lead Pastor." There is a *reason* for this! God has been laying on my heart the blessing that comes in resting in His will and right now, his ordained, perfect, holy will is that we not have a Lead Pastor. His ways are definitely not our ways. (Again, I am soooo thankful for Pastor Dean and Pastor Tony and the other people who God is using! :-))

I keep wondering if our King and Lord--the God of the Universe--doesn't want me, you, all of us to be about some business that needs doing. He wants to heal our wounds, to challenge us to rise up. He wants us to mend bridges that have been broken down, to break down barriers we have allowed to arise between us.

Am I willing to wait in this moment for Him to touch my heart, to heal it, and then to reach out to another? To be kind when I don't feel like being kind? Am I willing to put a lock on my lips when a criticism seems ready to slide out?

Am I willing to go deeper, even, than these things...and to be still and know that He is God? If I am driven by an inner neediness that says we must have a lead pastor--and NOW!!!--am I willing to bring that insistence to God? To ask *Him*..."God, what is driving this neediness? Somehow, like a young child who refuses to stay still to have a cut doctored by his loving momma, all my drivenness and busy-ness may be keeping me from experiencing that which the Balm of Gilead desires to do in my life!

Even now, the Lord desires to do great things in our midst. Sure, once we have a lead pastor, we will be ready to go into hyper-drive, but what about now? Our God isn't still. He isn't silent. He is busy, active...what wonders is he performing even now?