O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
- Psalm 34:3-4

What do I "make big" in my life? What do I focus on the most?

The psalmist encourages me to magnify the Lord--to make him big! Obviously, I can't literally make God any bigger than He is already, but do I allow Him to fill my vision? Is He big to me? Or do I allow that which I fear--the uncertainty of the future, for instance--to fill my vision? To eclipse the Lord in my life?

Today, I choose to fix my eyes on the Lord and His power, provision, and plan. He has something in store. Join me! Let us exalt HIS name together instead of our fear of the future for Cool Community Church.

A wonderful promise is included in this passage...as we DO exalt Him, as we magnify HIM, he will deliver us from our fears. Where His presence is magnified, things that cause us anxiety diminish.

~ Heidi Bylsma