Sometimes, my eyes get off of the Lord and on to circumstances. I know some folks in our congregation are struggling with a lack of peace during this time when we lack a lead pastor.

God speaks to this in His Word:

You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
- Isaiah 26:3,4

LORD, you establish peace for us;
all that we have accomplished
you have done for us.
- Isaiah 26:12

It is so easy to attach our peace to the presence of a man or a solution or...any number of things. Yet the Lord tells us that if our minds are fixed on Him, if we trust in HIM, He will provide the peace that we seek. For this season, we are without a pastor, but we needn't be without peace. Let us remember that the Lord establishes peace for us.

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
- Psalm 42:6